(APPLICATION FORM REQUIRED: Applicants may download their resume; however, we are unable to schedule an interview without a completed online application for employment. This position requires a specific level of formal education and a specific license or certificate. Documentation of the education and license/certificate must be provided to the Home before orientation begins.)
APPOINTMENT NURSE (LPN) Supervised by: Director of Nursing
1. Coordinates and presents all medical information for physician’s in-house special clinics as assigned.
2. Coordinates and either provides to the transportation nurse or presents in person all medical information for external specialty appointments.
3 Uses Kids Calendar to keep staff informed of appointments.
4. Notify parents of clinic appointments and communicate with the transportation supervisor.
5. Keep supplies available in the doctors’ offices.
6. Enters all orders received from the physician into Sigmacare, and provide necessary follow through such as lab work, obtaining referrals.
7. Communicate with nursing staff and other ancillary departments regarding orders or other pertinent information.
8. Assist with other medical specialists’ in-house clinics when needed.
9. Backup coordinator for Virginia Vaccines for Children, maintaining refrigerator temperatures for vaccines received.
10. Perform as a field trip nurse when needed.
11. Perform as a floor nurse when needed.
12. Other duties as assigned.
13. Attends all in-services posted as mandatory and completes additional fifteen hours of related training every year
1. Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
2. Must have a current Practical Nurse license issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia or proof of application for such.
3. Prefer one year of experience, preferably in pediatrics or medical/surgical areas.
4. Prefer experience coordinating physicians’ clinics efficiently.
5. Must have the ability to make frequent nursing judgements and/or decisions.
6. Knowledge, skill and experience in specialized nursing techniques, including the management and care of tracheostomy-dependent and ventilator-dependent individuals preferred.
7. Receive references that reflect a good attitude, dependability, good judgement, and the ability to function independently.
8. Have a current CPR certification.
1. Must be able to sit, stand and walk for variable periods of time.
2. Must be able to lift up to thirty-five (35) pounds independently, and with or without required equipment (dependent on the weight of the individual), be able to safely lift individuals to reposition them, place them in chairs etc.