JOB SUMMARY: Provides specialized nursing care and treatments for critically fragile individuals with special medical and physical needs at St. Mary’s Home. Incumbents may be required to work a variety of shifts and fill the charge nurse role when scheduled. All services will be provided under a person centered model of care and in support of each individual’s support plan (ISP). We offer a competitive salary and a sign-on bonus of $4500.00!!
(Applicants may download their resume; however we are unable to schedule an interview without a completed online application for employment. This position requires a specific level of formal education and a specific license or certificate. Documentation of the education and license/certificate must be provided to the Home before orientation begins.)
1. Must be graduate of an accredited school of nursing
2. Must have a current license issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia or proof of application for such.
3. Be skilled in specialized nursing techniques required to manage the medical problems of the Home’s residents assigned to each RN. These techniques include working with individuals who have tracheostomies, g-tubes, and ventilators.
4. Must have the ability to make frequent nursing assessments and judgements based on medical and physical status.
PHYSICIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
1. Must be able to sit, stand, stoop, bend, and walk for variable periods of time.
2. Must be able to lift up to thirty-five (35) pounds independently, and with or without required equipment (dependent upon the weight of the child), must be able to use proper equipment and procedures to safely lift residents to reposition them, place them in chairs, etc.
3. Must be able to use lifting and mobility equipment necessary to care for the residents.