The Health Information Management Scanner is charged with the responsibility of providing timely, accurate and accessible Electronic Health Record (EHR) to authorized personnel by scanning medical records/Protected Health Information (PHI) in Sigmacare and the Cloud. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Health Information Management Manager or designated person in charge, who provides instructions on new or changed procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
In addition to specifics listed below, incumbent must demonstrate respect and courtesy towards the individuals served here, family members, guest, vendors and co-
1. Complies with all St. Mary’s Home policies and procedures.
2. Relates well with co-workers, other staff and healthcare staff.
3. Uses time appropriately.
4. Is respectful and courteous to others.
5. Complies with departmental dress code. (refer to dress code policy), and must wear company-issued ID badge at all time.
6. Adheres to the Attendance and Punctuality police with regard to unscheduled absences and tardiness.
1. High School Graduate or equivalent.
2. One (1) year of experience working in the healthcare, information technology, or business field; medical records experience a plus.
3. Familiar with Medical Terminology and Anatomy preferred.
4. Competency in using computers and computer applications is highly desirable.
5. Knowledgeable in Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Privacy and Security Rules.
6. Good analytical skills with attention to detail.
7. Good communication and organizational skills with ability to prioritize tasks.
8. Good verbal/written skills and ability to manipulate paper with hands.
9. Familiar with medical terms and identification of medical reports through medical terminology.
10.Computer data entry, filing, spelling and telephone skills.
11.Ability to plan work flow, implement appropriate actions, and work independently.
12.Knowledge of multiple systems and current computer technology regarding imaging and scanning applications.
13.Conscientious regarding the confidentiality and aware of confidentiality guidelines of the material that will be handled.