- The OT conducts assessments by determining the need for appropriate areas of service which will include, but are not limited to, unit wide recognition of the abilities of each individual on the unit
- The OT will document a comprehensive assessment including goals and objectives and outline program planning by identifying treatment goals and the methods necessary to achieve those goals for each individual.
- The therapist analyzes the tasks and activities of the program, documents the progress, and coordinates the plan with all unit staff based on the Individual Service Plan.
- Services may include but are not limited to education and training in basic and instrumental activities of daily living (bathing, dressing, oral hygiene, toileting, play, home responsibilities); the design, fabrication, and application of orthoses (splints); the design, selection, and use of adaptive equipment and assistive technologies; therapeutic activities to enhance functional performance; vocational evaluation and training; and consultation concerning the adaptation of physical, sensory, and social environments.
- The OT provides specific activities or therapeutic methods to improve or restore optimum function, to compensate for dysfunction, or to minimize disability of individuals impaired by physical illness or injury, emotional, congenital, or developmental disorders or by the aging process.
- Attend all meetings related to individuals and the facility.
- Complete all ISP Paperwork.
- Coordinate with other departments in support of The Homeâ€™s Mission.
- Represent the OTSS Department at administrative meetings.
- Supervise other members of the OTSS Department as needed.
- Evaluate the need for splinting and/or casting and confer with treating therapists and physicians as needed.
- Ensure that Physicians orders are completed.
- Create, treat and educate on feeding programs.
- Insure that all staff working with the children at SMHDC use all equipment safely and effectively.
- Record all pertinent information into the medical records.
- Procure tools and supplies as required within the occupational therapy department
- Substitute for any absent Occupational Therapy Support Service staff when necessary.
- Develop and implement student-training program within the Department.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
In addition to the specifics listed below, incumbent should demonstrate respect and courtesy towards the individuals served here, family members, guests, vendors, and co-
workers at all times, and acting as a â€œgood will ambassador of St. Maryâ€™s,â€ positively greet others and offer assistance as needed.
- Complies with attendance and punctuality policies
- Works well with others
- Uses time appropriately
- Attire is appropriate for job
- Is respectful and courteous to other staff
- Is respectful and courteous to visitors
- Follows instructions with a positive attitude
- Complies with all policies and procedures