(Applicants may download their resume; however we are unable to schedule an interview without a completed online application for employment. This position requires a specific level of formal education and a specific license or certificate. Documentation of the education and license/certificate must be provided to the Home before orientation begins.)
Registered Nurse (RN): Provides specialized primary nursing care for residents of St. Mary’s Home. Incumbent may be required to work a variety of shifts. All nursing tasks are provided under a person-centered model of care and will support the active treatment plan for cthe profoundly and severely disabled children and young adults residing at the Home.
1. Administer medications and treatments; receive, transcribe and implement doctor’s orders.
2. Intervene appropriately in the event of emergencies with residents or staff.
3. Conduct residents’ health assessments.
4. Document activities related to nursing and medical care in a timely manner and consistent with established
5. Safeguard Patients’ Rights.
6. Assist in developing and updating the program plans of specific children as a member of interdisciplinary
7. Be knowledgeable about, and participate in the provision of Active Treatment Programs for residents.
8. Assist with the maintenance of a safe and sanitary environment in compliance with OSHA Regulations.
9. Participate in staff meetings and staff development programs as directed.
10. Act as communicator between family and staff.
11. Accompany residents on appointments, field trips, etc., as necessary.
12. Transport residents to the hospital, as necessary.
13. Assist DSP2s as needed.
14. Function as a Support Coordinator (QIDP) as assigned.
15. Direct/supervise delivery of nursing care in absence of Chief Nursing Officer/Nurse Manager.
16. Act as charge nurse as assigned.
1. Complies with attendance and punctuality policies
2. Works well with others
3. Uses time appropriately
4. Attire is appropriate for job
5. Is respectful and courteous to other staff
6. Is respectful and courteous to visitors
7. Follows instructions with a positive attitude
8. Complies with all policies and procedures
1. Must be graduate of an accredited school of nursing
2. Must have a current license issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia or proof of application for such.
3. Be skilled in specialized nursing techniques required to manage the medical problems of the Home’s
residents assigned to each RN. These techniques include working with individuals who have tracheostomies,
g-tubes, and ventilators.
4. Must have the ability to make frequent nursing assessments and judgements based on medical and physical status.
PHYSICIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
1. Must be able to sit, stand, stoop, bend, and walk for variable periods of time.
2. Must be able to lift up to thirty-five (35) pounds independently, and with or without required equipment
(dependent upon the weight of the child), must be able to use proper equipment and procedures to safely
lift residents to reposition them, place them in chairs, etc.
3. Must be able to use lifting and mobility equipment necessary to care for the residents.